Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Year's Eve

I really enjoy New Year's at my house. We used to not do anything. We would tell ourselves that watching all the neighborhood fireworks from the porch was good enough for us. And we didn't have to spend any money or clean up any messes. The past few years, since we cleared the new patio area, we have had friends over and done our own fireworks. It is a blast! Yes there is clean-up and the expense of the fireworks, but frankly it is a lot more fun than sitting on the porch wishing.


Bill had a huge fire going. It was nice to be outside eventhough it was cold. The fire made it bearable.



Mary in her party hat from Halloween. I think she's going to wear it until High School.



Doling out the fireworks.



Me and Suki. I'm not sure what the bright light is, but I can assure you I am not trying to light her shoulder on fire!

Clara double-fisting the sparklers.

No comments: