Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer Fun

This summer was 100% better than last summer. Yes, we had some cool, rainy days, but for the most part it was very nice. We were able to get out and do quite a lot without worrying about how to stay dry and warm


Clara and Shelby at the u-pick farm. I need to take some lessons on vegetable growing from them. I should have taken a picture of the cabbages. They looked pretty nice except for the big chunks taken right out of the middle. It thought it was pretty rude of people to harvest that way until I saw the moose tracks!


Blueberry picking up Archangel on Hatcher's Pass. They were pretty good this year. I think I would have been able to pick more if it hadn't have been for Mary. I was afraid she would fall down the mountainside. As it was she only did one faceplant into a blueberry bush.

Going for a ride in the Kayak w/ Dawn.

The reward for a hard, technical, 6 mile (rt) bike ride to Red Shirt Lake. The day was hot. The water was warm. There were loons and snails and it was very peaceful.

4-wheeling up at Jim Creek. That is the Knik glacier over our left shoulders.

I tried so hard to get a good picture of the girls for a Father's day gift. Mary just wanted to slide and slide and slide. Didn't want to sit still at all. This wasn't the best picture, but it came close.

No comments: