Friday, July 9, 2010

Gold Cord Trail

It was a beautiful day brewing, so we met up with the Cowans at Hatcher's Pass and headed up Gold Cord trail. None of us had been up this trail, so we weren't sure what to expect. It was a great little trail. About a mile or so long, but that is debatable. I'm thinking more like 2. I was surprised at how well Mary did. There were some steep, rocky parts, and she never once asked on the way up to be carried. She did ask on the way down. I think she was a little tired. Luckily I had the stroller. Boy was that ever a good investment!

Our reward...Gold Cord Lake!


There were still pussywillows here!


It's like picture in picture!

Lichen


Dawn and Mary negotiating snacks at the top of the trail.


I think we were about half way up the mountain at this point. Still all smiles!


Future Crowberries


Future Blueberries.




Independence Mine across the valley.



No comments: