These pictures are from our New Year's Eve Bonfire. It was a very pretty night, but bitterly cold. We had to stand very close to the fire to keep one side of our bodies warm at at time.
We did our best to keep Mary warm. She has on polar fleece jammies, snow pants and 2 hats (besides the hood on her coat). For the most part she had a good time, but I think she preferred it inside.
My champagne was freezing to the glass after every sip. I think it even had ice crystals in it. I was the coldest wine I've ever had.
Speaking of cold drinks, we accidentally played a joke on our friends. When the got there we offered them beers that were sitting on the porch to chill. Little did we know that they had frozen. So, they upended the drinks and voila! No liquid!! Ha! Ha! We brought the beer in immediately!
Sparkles was laying right up next to the fire pit. I'm surprised she didn't get singed. I came away with a couple little holes in the back of my coat. It was a very sparky fire.
Just as a side note: I know Dawn will appreciate me letting everyone know that, that is her butt in the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment