This is always popular. Instead of bobbing in water, they have to "bob"in the air. It is pretty funny. After about 2-3 minutes I let them use their hands to catch the apples. Then, they get to dip them in caramel and sprinkles.
This is my barfing pumpkin. You can't see it, but there are candy corns and m&m's sprinkled on it. It was a surprisingly quick carving job. I loved it!! I wanted to do a flaming pumpkin this year. It is when you soak a roll of t.p. in kerosene, stick it in the pumpkin, and then light it. I just didn't want to do it with out Bill and a fire extinguisher for back-up. Next year though, especially if we can finish the fire pit.
Bill and Clara carved their pumpkins earlier in the week. Bill's is the one with the hatchet and knife sticking out of it, and Clara's is the happy one. Hmmm.... what could this say about our family? Maybe that Clara is surprisingly well adjusted given the sick humor of her parents.
Well I realized that I did a really poor job of documenting the kid's costumes this year. I guess that is what happens when you are the hostess with the mostess!! I was even pretty proud of my own. I don't have any of Clara or me, and only one of Mary. And, without me, Mary's costume doesn't make sense. Clara was some kind of dog turned into a witch. I didn't really get it. Mary and I were the Raven who stole the Moon. It is a Native American myth. I made a really great raven mask, and a simple fleece moon for Mary (easy for diaper changing).
1 comment:
i see you didn't get any of my "sober mommy" costume either!!! it was lots of fun at the hostess with the mostess's house!! :)
Post a Comment